Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Today was a good day
Like I said, today was a good day. Usually by the time Craig gets home from work, I am DONE being a mom. I am tired of wiping noses and bottoms. I am tired of listening to kids voices. Which, by that point in the evening always seem to be speaking in their second language--WHINEese. I am tired of being needed every second and being the only solution to every problem. I am tired of trying to help my kids do everything they need to get done before school the next day. In essence I am just plain tired. But for some reason tonight was different. Yes, I was tired of all the same old things, but tonight I just didn't feel the same mental exhaustion that I normally do. Maybe it's because Sarah took a 4 hour nap today. And maybe it's because there were not real fights or arguments that I had to settle. Maybe it's because I didn't have to think at all to get dinner on the table. And maybe it's just because today I got lucky and didn't let all the little things stress me out. I had a great day where I took time to mostly just be a mom, and not the mom that has to take care of the house, just the mom that had to take care of the kids. And tonight at the dinner table, instead of wishing away the hours 'till bedtime, I was just able to enjoy the ride (as crazy and loud as it was) and live in the moment. I laughed at the silly things the kids said and did and I just truly enjoyed my family today. I guess that I feel a need to type this up because it seems like those days are few and far between for me and I am just grateful to have had one today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for you. I need to learn from your example!
A great goal for today..I will try it!!
No words- Just jealousy
Becca I love that you posted this! I so look forward to when the kids are in bed and it's a rare occasion that I truly enjoy all the family chaos. I love your family pic, you guys look great.
I'm already looking forward to bedtime tonight and it's only 9 am. Maybe I need to learn a lesson from you and be content. Um, not today. Maybe tomorrow.....
Every mom deserves a good day!
Post a Comment