
For the past few weeks I have been itching to do something different with my hair. After stewing over what it should be, I finally settled on blonde highlights and decided that I want to grow my bangs out. After making this decision, I decided that I had better try out the no bangs thing for a few days just to make sure it was what I wanted. Thinking it would be wise, I opted to try it both straight and curly. Yesterday was my curly day. I lounged around for much of the morning and when I finally decided to do my hair, I opted for a wash-and-wear 'do--sans bangs--and I didn't give it another thought. That is, I didn't give it another thought until I went to pick Madeline up from school. If you ever want an honest opinion about your hair, don't ask a friends and don't ask your husband--just find your daughter and then you don't even have to ask--she'll simply tell you like it is! As I mentioned, she hadn't seen me ready for the day yet and when she did, she stopped dead in her tracks, gave me a look that I can only equate with utter embarrassment, and then in with a questioning look and totaly disbelief in her voice said, "Mom, (long pause), your hair." Needless to say, she wasn't a fan. When I asked her what the issue was, she told me that it "just looks really funny like that." After trying to pin her down on the what and why, the best she could come up with was that it looked "to big" on the top and it just wasn't right. I knew it was a little different, I knew it wasn't the best hair day I've ever had (what do you expect from the wash and wear styling), but I was shocked at the strong emotions that it evoked from a six year old. It really wasn't that bad--at least my friends didn't think so...
2 comments:
Where's the picture of you with your no bangs look?
I am laughing out loud right now! That is so funny!
I need a daughter to tell me how I really look cuz Patrick is too nice. I think in general men are incredibly smart that way. But a daughter... she'll tell you like it is!
Post a Comment