Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My new favorite thing

OK first off I have to say that it doesn't take much to make me happy. And mostly that's by choice--I like being happy and I choose to find joy and happiness in little things. I actually get giddy when I get a big space to make a left turn on to state street right after I hit the stop sign. I smile every time my phone rings (but only my cell phone because I know that means no telemarketers). Sometimes, I even do a little happy dance when I go to bed because I'm just that excited. I choose to let those little things make me smile, laugh and be happy because, let's face it, the big things are mostly just boring work with little reward. But when I couple all the little things together, I can make it through most of the day with a smile on my face.

That said, my new favorite thing that always puts a smile on my face is texting! I just added a plan to my phone and I'm already totally addicted. (I know, I know--I'm quite a bit behind the times, but at least I'm trying to catch up!) That little chime noise just makes my day and I come running whenever I hear it. There's something about it that just makes me feel loved and important and I don't know if I will ever get tired of hearing it. I know that I have totally questioned the usefulness of texting many times, but to those of you who I have harassed, I will now simply say I'm sorry--and please text me--but not too much because I only have a limited plan--at least for now ;-)

10 comments:

Janae said...

I'm glad that you've finally been able to join the world of texting. I love it! Is your cell phone number still the same?

Anonymous said...

I must be easily pleased too because it thrlled me the first time I got a text from you!

Hassingers said...

Welcome to the world of texting. I am going on 3 months of texting and I still get excited when someone text me. :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh honey, welcome to the dark side-
I love to text- I am so addicted, someitmes I feel like a teenager. My husband doesn't get it. He says" Just freaking call her" It is so not the same

Erin said...

Gosh, I LOVE texting too. The worst was when one of my students caught me texting during class... oops! I thought I was being so sneaky! He said right out loud for all to hear, "Do we need to send your phone down to principal?"

Opening my phone and finding a message waiting for me is pretty much the coolest thing ever!

I need your cell phone number!

Julie Baldwin said...

When Devin and I were dating we sent anywhere between 500 to 1000 text messages a month. One of the first things we did after we got engaged was to get on a family plan. Now we can text each other all we want for free.

Melodrama Mama said...

Ummmmm, I am deeply hurt that you have not yet text-ed me yet! I will probably not be able to forgive you. Goodbye forever.

Melodrama Mama said...

Not yet text-ed me yet? Apparently I need a grammar refresher!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

YOu are SOSOOO way ahead of me in that department! Krista & Kelsie taught me how to text last year, but I sent my first OFFICIAL text about 3 wks ago to a friend that I couldn't find in a meeting at church (praying she had it on vibrate!). Funny thing is--she didn't know how to reply to the text! =) I think you're doing very well for our generation with the texting thing! =)

camran said...

wahoo becca! we must exchange numbers! I too love it when that little chime goes off! ;)