Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy Girl

Madeline is by far my busiest child. She thrives on being busy--in fact I think she gets into more trouble when she is not busy. (Hmm, maybe that's why I let her do so many things.) I have debated with myself so many times whether or not it is good for a little girl to have so much on her plate, because I know that it's a lot for one kid to do. But when push comes to shove, I know that not only can she handle it--she actually thrives on it. From the day she was born, she has never been still. (You should have seen her nurse.) She is so active and full of life that I believe she needs something to challenge her and keep her active and out of trouble. And if I'm being totally honest, I love seeing her try and learn new things. Even though she has a lot on her plate, I know that she can handle it. In fact, I have actually had to make her quit activities that she loved being involved in because they created to much driving and stress for me. It made her cry. Her current favorite activities are dance and gymnastics. She is so happy when she get to go to either of them. At dance right now she is getting ready for her recital the beginning of May and her gymnastics team was able to perform at a local elementary school and the BYU gymnastics meet last weekend. She was so cute and had so much fun. She really is a natural born performer and I love seeing her shine! I'm a little bummed with the pictures, but my 3X optical zoom wouldn't go any closer--maybe that means it's time for a new camera!

1 comment:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

How FUN!!! I think it's good to keep kids busy and stimulated. I wish we had more fun stuff here for kids to do! =)