Wednesday, August 20, 2008

To top that off

I had more to say about my birthday, but it didn't seem to be the right place in the previous post, so I am now adding part 2. Really it was one of the best birthdays in recent memory, again, not because of the gifts, but because of the outpouring of love and support from family and friends. I haven't felt so loved in a long time and I thank everyone for their calls, gifts, and e-mails. My phone was literally ringing off the hook today and I loved being able to talk to all of my favorite people in the world. I loved hearing your voices and knowing that you love me. I got the expected calls from family and friends, but I was plesantly surprised with the unexpected. I got an e-mail from Amy, my best friend in high school, who I haven't talked to in years. I got a phone call from Jody, my college roommate, who I love more than anything but we can't seem to keep in regular contact. And I had countless neighbors and ward friends stop by to wish me a happy day. Then of course, my kids tried to be fantastic all day long just because it was my birthday and we had a fun (and yes crazy) night eating out with the whole family where Craig and the kids spoiled me with some fun new toys. So again, a big thank you out there to everyone who made an effort to wish me a happy birthday--it worked--tonight I am a happy girl and it's because I have all of you in my life!

7 comments:

klt9976 said...

you forgot to mention the BEAUTIFUL song I sang for you! Love ya. Happy birthday!

Melodrama Mama said...

Hmmmmm- I suppose that EVERYONE who loves called and expressed their heart felt appreciation for you and all that you do for them. Oh - except for me! I was sick and self involved - So sorry to have not phoned on your big day!

Charmayne said...

Happy Happy Birthday Becca~Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Emily said...

Happy Belated B-day! Was it your
30th? It is such a great birthday!

Erin said...

Happy happy birthday!!! What an amazing way to celebrate! How old are you now??? 22?? You are adorable and just keep getting younger!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad so many people made sure to let you know how important you are to them. Sounds like a FABULOUS and prefect birthday!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

it won't let me leave a comment on your latest post, but just rest assured, anyone would be LUCKY to call you their friend! =)