Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's About Time

OK, so a long time ago, my friend Leslie tagged me with a wedding tag. I have to admit that I felt really old when I got this tag and saw all her cute wedding pictures. That’s because my wedding dates me to before the era of digital photography. And since I don’t even have access to a scanner, I figured that I would just ignore this little tag because it really is more fun with pictures. However, he idea is fun and it’s probably really smart for me to record the information because this is the best I have ever done at keeping a journal and this is information that one day my kids are going to want to know-right? So here goes, my lovely wedding tag:

We were married: October 8, 1998 in the Salt Lake Temple, SLC, Utah

Due to the fact that I grew up in Elder Ballard’s home ward we were so blessed to have him be the one performing our sealing ceremony. It know it was really special, I only wish that I could have been more aware at the time of how special it actually was.

When we got married : I was 21 & Craig was 22 (my parents thought we were way too young!)

Our bridesmaids/groomsmen were: My sisters and my college roommate Jody. There were no groomsmen.

The weather was: warm but very windy. One of my favorite pictures was a profile shot of me with my veil flying straight back in the air.

We spent our wedding night (keep it clean): At the Anniversary Inn (I can’t remember which room though)

One thing I will never forget: Is it bad that I don’t have one specific moment that stands out? It was more of a whole day kind of thing. There are definitely wedding pictures that I can look at now that totally remind me of the moments and my feelings in those moments. I think that because we got married so late in the afternoon (like around 3:30) and had the rush of pictures, and a reception and stuff to do, I didn’t get to take in the moments as much as I would have liked to.

Our Reception was at: The Alumni House at the University of Utah and we had an open house in Price at the gas station. OK not really the gas station, but there is this nice (or nice for Price) restaurant on the top floor of the gas station that is a really popular reception site and so that was where we had it. But it sounds way more fun to say we had it at the gas station.

One favorite part of the Reception: Just seeing how many people love me enough to be there and support us. I also loved the string quartet and loved loved loved seeing the little girls I nannied all dressed up and beautiful for the occasion!

Looking Back I would have....: Worried less about making other people happy and doing things their way and done it more my way

I wish: Our photographer wouldn’t have lost the main roll of film from the reception—there are a few moments that I will never get back. (Darn film cameras!)

We Honeymooned: In Park City. Since we got married on a Thursday mid-semester and had to be back for classes on Monday, we had to keep it close. The plan was to do a quick and close honeymoon and then take a nicer, longer trip after the semester was over. But a very quick pregnancy changed that and I am still waiting for our nicer, longer vacation:)

Our First Year of Marriage was: Crazy—between school, an unplanned pregnancy and everything else in between, we didn’t ever have the luxury of being newlywed in the true sense of the word. We had to grow up to who we are now really fast.

We have been Married: 9 years 10 ½ months

Life today is: Crazy, busy, fun, full and every day is an adventure.

Since Our Wedding we have added: Four kids, one home, three college degrees, six cars, four cats, one marathon (soon to be two), what seems like every toy sold at Toys-r-Us, so many fabulous friends and so so so much more. To top that off, we have more fun and happiness than I would have ever imagined.

Now I Tag: Anyone who wants to play along—even though I dragged my feet, it really was kind of fun to take a stroll down memory lane. Thanks Leslie!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Elder Ballard?? How cool is that? What a neat opportunity!

You guys have had a wonderful and busy 9 1/2 years!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

That's cool that you wrote that all down! I remember I was sad that we couldn't go to your sealing (Jim had some big deal at school he couldn't miss). We were happy to go to your recpetion at 'the gas station' however. I remember your dress was beautiful! =)