Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nine Years Ago.....

Nine years ago my life and my heart were forever changed the instant I became a mother. I remember the feelings of fear and trepidation as I suffered through the last month of my pregnancy; totally hot and miserable. I remember being plagued with endless questions that only seemed to worry me. What would it be like to be a mom? How could I love this little person? And even worse, what if I didn't? How would I know what to do? It was crazy how all that fear and all those worries melted away the instant they placed Andrew into my arms. My heart was about to burst.. I loved him more than I thought would ever be possible, and I didn't even know him yet. I was in awe of this little man who came into our lives, totally turned it upside down and made every day even better than I thought possible.
Nine years later, I am still in awe of the way motherhood has changed me. I am amazed every day with the capabilities I have to love these kids that drive me crazy and stretch me to my limits. I am amazed with them and what they can accomplish and the the people they are growing up to be. But most of all, I am amazed that I no longer fear that I won't have enough love to give, now I just fear that my love won't be enough to get them through the new phases their lives are taking them too. But those thoughts and those fears are for a different post, today, it is all about Andrew:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!
NINE YEARS OLD!!

I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. You are a part of my heart and a part of my soul that makes life better every day. I don't know how I got so lucky to hit the jackpot with you. You are the best big brother and I am in awe of you and your ability to love and help. Madeline, Ben and Sarah are so blessed to have you to look up to in their lives. I know that you will be a source of strength to them for their entire lives and I am grateful for that every day. I can't believe that you are growing up so fast. It seems like only yesterday that they put you in my arms at the hospital and I fell head over heels in love with you. Your loving spirit, good attitude and fun personality bring more to our family than I would have ever expected. Even though it makes me sad to see you grow up, I am so proud of who you are growing up to be. You make all of our lives better just by being there and being you and we all love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

It's been the best nine years of my life!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!!

Becca-
I look up to you in so many ways....but seriously you are an amazing mother. Your kids are sooo lucky to have been blessed to come to you and Craig. I only hope that one day I can be the kind of mother to my children as you are!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! Hope you have a great day :-)

Erin said...

What a cute kid! I still am so amazed that he was able to play the piano as Madeline sang... too sweet!

Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Charmayne said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! I can't believe your nine already!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

awww--sweet post. Happy (belated) Birthday Andrew! WOW, 9 years already!? =)