Sunday, May 25, 2008

A New Trick

Yesterday after a long and fun night, of bike rides and backyard campfires, I was trying to rush my kids through the bath. (We couldn't have our kids going to church smelling like smoke at church could we?) I had Andrew shower downstairs and quickly filled up the bath tub to bathe the other three assembly line style. Trying to be quick, I started barking out instructions to the kids and Ben and I had conversation that went something like this:

Me: (in a very commanding tone) Madeline, run and go potty in my bathroom. Ben, you can use the one in here and Sarah, you can just pee in your diaper.

Ben: (in a voice of complete shock and amazement) Sarah pee's now?

Yes, that's right, Ben was amazed at what he believed to be Sarah's new trick--he was actually a little bit disappointed when we informed him that she's been doing it all along. Too cute, I just love the way their little minds work!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too cute!! Thanks for the chuckle, that was great

Erin said...

How funny...

You know, I never thought of that, but for a little kid that would be a bit confusing to have his little sister NEVER use the toilet.

I'm glad to know that Sarah is growing up and is now at the pee-ing stage- smile. Too cute!

Christine said...

Who would dare think of taking their kids to church smelling like campfire smoke???? Glad it was you guys sitting behind us on Sunday!

Hassingers said...

That is hilarious!! Cute Ben.

What's Cookin?? said...

These are the moments that make the day! So funny how they think!Good job with the dictating by the way!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahaha--sounds like he's really impressed with his sisters 'abilities'! =)