Saturday, May 10, 2008

Catch Up

I have been so busy lately that I have totally neglected posting some of the things that are happening our lives right now. But since I am the only one awake at the moment and I took some time to upload a bunch of pictures on our computer, I thought it would be a good idea to play a quick game of catch-up. Feel free to ignore this post, but I had to do it because I just don't want to ignore my kids lives and their important milestones!

ANDREW EARNED HIS WOLF
--we were so proud of him for achieving this scouting milestone. We are also extremely grateful to his wonderful scout leader :-) who made this milestone very easy for us. We are not however grateful to the person who came thought it was a good idea to start the tradition of letting 8 year old boys pain their parent's faces in order to commemorate this achievement!



ANDREW HAD HIS LAST SOCCER GAME OF THE SEASON (oh yeah, he started the season too)--Ever since he was four years old soccer has been Andrew's favorite thing and he looks forward to it every spring and fall. Although his team had a hard time winning games this year, he had a blast and we are so grateful to his coach and all the support he got from other parents.


THE POLAR PLUNGE My parents have a pool in their backyard and when my siblings and I were growing up we had a tradition of doing the "polar plunge" in the spring right before they got the pool ready to open for the season. A few weeks ago, my dad called me and told me to bring up my kids swimming suits so that we could give it a try. He bribed the kids with a dollar for each trip across the pool. It was one of the funniest things that I have seen in a long time--I laughed so hard that I almost cried. And despite being frozen, my kids really did have a good time. If you want to see a video of the event, go here.



That felt really good to get a little bit caught up on my posts. There are quite a few other things that I have neglected posting so I might be playing catch up for a while and I will be having a blast doing it. I love seeing things that we have done together as a family and taking some steps to make the memories last!

6 comments:

Christine said...

The video of the Polar Plunge was priceless! The kids didn't look too excited to get in again.

Anonymous said...

Scouts makes me happy that I have one son ;-)

What's Cookin?? said...

The Polar Bear Plunge is so funny!I'm sure that was much funner for you than your trusting children :)! Your kids are such go getters! I'm betting they get it from you!!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Fun Fun! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Love the painted faces. Also that polar bear swim is so funny! =)

Stephanie said...

WOW!! How much fun you have been having. I loved to see the painted faces-too fun!

Blondie said...

I think it's a fabulous idea for 8 yr olds to paint adults faces. You guys look great!!