So I sort of forgot that I wanted to start a Friday Flashback segment on my blog, but as I was looking through our old picture files with my kids today, I figured it was better late than never. That and I just had to post these. Here is the story. Several years ago, my dad forwarded me an e-mail with a title along the lines of "great new punishment." It contained a short story about a young child who was always misbehaving and his parents, who after reaching their wit's end, decided upon a new punishment. Then you scrolled down to a picture of a young boy on the hood of a car. He looked like he was hanging on for dear life and in the background you could see one of those signs that register your speed saying 45 mph.
We showed our kids the picture and told them that we were going to play a joke on everyone and tell them we tried out the new punishment on our kids. The thing that made it great was the fact that Madeline was in a phase of her life where her hair almost always looked like she was on the hood of a car driving 45 mph. Once our pictures were done, we sent them around to my whole family and I hadn't given them much thought until today and I thought it would be a great idea to pull them out for a laugh again! It makes me miss having Andrew and Madeline be little kids!
5 comments:
I'm going to have to turn you in to the Child Welfare Services for child abuse. Tee hee hee. Andrew and Madeline did a great acting job in the pictures. They have grown up way too quickly!!!!!
That is the Andrew I remember. He looks so grown up now I don't recognize him! It's fun to see them little again. Your kids are great little actors....
That is too funny! Everytime I talk to you, you guys are doing something crazy fun- making great memories!
I really think you should write a parenting book about having fun with your kids. You should call it "Going Crazy and Having Fun"... It's perfect! Can you write that quickly before we have kids?
Oh they are so little!! Jace won't let me post this because he keeps wanting to see their pictures. :) That is pretty funny.
haha! I know exactly which e-mail you're talking about. SO FUNNY that you guys re-enacted it. Your kids are sooo cute, and I think these photos illustrate that they definitely have the skills to be models/actors! =)
Post a Comment