Sunday, May 4, 2008
Grateful
Every once in a while I get to quietly observe one of those moments that makes me feel like the things I am trying to teach my kids are actually sinking in. Tonight I was blessed enough to overhear one of them and it has made my evening. Due to the fact that Craig and I had to be at a 5:00 meeting, I prepared our kids the oh-so-wonderful Sunday dinner of Mac & Cheese-you know the really good kind that comes from a box and tastes nothing like cheese and looks nothing like macaroni-but could maybe pass for a macaroni/spaghetti hybrid. Anyway, due to the fact that we had waited till the last minute to get ready to go(big shocker eh?), I basically threw the mac and cheese in front of them and then raced to my room to get ready. While I was pulling my skirt out of the closet, I had to pause and be grateful because I heard Madeline quietly blessing their food. It was such a great and humbling moment for me. Craig made it even better when he told me that he overheard a similar exchange yesterday when Andrew got Sarah out of bed and made her breakfast--and then said a little prayer to bless the food. I feel so fortunate to have kids who are trying their best and who are constantly an example to me. I don't know how I got to have the privilege of raising such amazing kids who teach me so much every day and who constantly amaze me, but I do know that I need to try harder to live up to the blessing that it is to be their mother. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending these little miracles to my life and I don't know what I would do without them. They are my heart and my soul and I love them more than I could ever say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a sweet experience. Your kids are truly amazing but that may be because they have a truly amazing mother! I was touched by this. Thanks for sharing it.
I am sure my kids will be incredible people..if I don't screw them up first! How did we get so lucky??
You are a an amazing mom!! You have amazing kids too. What a great experience. It is nice to know that they are listening and learning every once in awhile. :)
Example babe-eh... E-X-A-M-P-L-E.
My kids usually swear before they eat (example again).
So sweet!
There is nothing more pure than a child's prayer... and to have it be initiated by them makes it 10 times more adorable! You are a great mom!
If someone threw a bowl of nasty mac n cheese in front of me I'd pray for it too :)! just teasing! your kids are so supper lucky to have such an awesome mom!! The fact that you are running to a church meeting AND feeding them is like a double example thing! Good Job!!!
What a sweet story. I love those reaffirming moments that you aren't a complete failure as a Mother. How cute of your kids to pray first and not just dig in...what a good example you must set in your home!!! I am always so amazed when my Ashlen reminds us to pray.
oh, that is sooo sweet! That just goes to show that they are learning and retaining what you are teaching them. I bet it made your day---even week! Your kids are precious!
You have terrific kids and it does not surprise me one bit that they are turning out wonderfully. They have great teachers and examples in you and Craig.
Post a Comment