
My little Madeline is such a sweetheart. In the past she has had a bit of a well deserved reputation of being a trouble maker, however I think she truly has shed that image in the past few months and I am so proud of her and the little girl she is becoming. She has been trying really hard lately not only to make the right choices, but also to go above and beyond in having a good attitude and being overly helpful. (The other day she asked if she could scrub my grout with a toothbrush--I of course obliged). Anyway, tonight she has been on my mind (likely because she is sick) and I thought I would take a minute to post about her. We actually took our first trip to 7-Peaks today and while it was a lot of fun, it was cut short due to Madeline's tummy troubles. She and I also had to stay home from dinner and FHE at Craig's brother's house for the same reasons. While we were enjoying our evening at home together, she really impressed me two times. First with her compassion. We were just talking and out of the blue she said, "I feel really bad that everyone else had to give up their fun and leave 7-Peaks because of me." I just thought it was really sweet that she cared enough about the other kids to worry about their feelings when she was the one who was throwing up. The second thing she did that really impressed me was that she asked me if we could have our own FHE lesson. I was in charge of the lesson for our activity at Craig's brother's house and I got that together and ready for the boys and Sarah to take with them and really didn't give another thought to having a lesson with Madeline. She not only thought about it, but asked me if we could do a lesson on prayer and we had a really sweet and tender moment that reminded me just how much my little girl is growing up and just how much I love her!
6 comments:
I believe that Madeline's fantastic self is simply a reflection on a fantastic mother. Thanks for being such a great example to the rest of us!
She is a sweetheart. I'm sorry about the tummy troubles. We thought we were done and Hannah is sick again too. Not fun!!
She is so adorable. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Time flies....
She is so thoughtful... what a doll!
Thank you so much for letting me borrow some pioneer attire. I've modeled them for Patrick and he really wants me to do my bangs super high with a french braid. Do you dare me? Wa-ha-ha
Wow--Sweetheart is right! That is so precious that she was so thoughtful like that. She definitely is growing up. I love her haircut--that is so cute!
I'm so sorry that your cute little girl got sick! Caleb came home sat. night sick. I hope that we weren't the ones that gave it to you! What a fun thing to have a fhe with just one of your kids! You are such a great mom!!! Have fun on the trek. Let me know if you need any help while you are gone.
Post a Comment