his house. (I know it's not the fifth Sunday, but he's leaving out of town on that one and so they bumped it up a week). I asked about the fireside and he gave me the brief rundown of his message and his stories that he is sharing with the youth. His message is about staying on higher ground and avoiding the temptations of normal life. It was so sweet for me to get to hear his little message, but to also see a bit more of him in bishop mode than I usually do. I know some of the responsibilities of being bishop tend to stress him out and wear him down more than others, but this is where he is in his element. He is such a people person, and he has one of those voices that you love to listen to. And I was just so impressed with the message he put together and the knowledge and wisdom he shared with me and that he will be able to share with his youth. I know that he's fun, and I know that he's on top of life, bu sometimes I forget that he knows so much and is so amazing and he really impressed me last night! After he shared his message, we just talked for a while--about life and church and responsibilities. It was one of those tender moments that I was so grateful to share with my dad. To say he has made a transformation since I was a little girl is a bit of an understatement. He has always been fun, and we have never doubted that he loved us, but the older he gets, the more of a softie he turns into. His testimony has grown so much even since I have been married and I am in awe of the man he is and constantly grateful that I get to have his influence in my life! He is kind and generous and I know there is not a thing in the world that he wouldn't do for me and my family. I'm so grateful to have the priveledge of being his daughter. I love you dad!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
He's the Best!
Last night I slept over at my parent's house because my sister and her kids came into down from back east. Our kids are best buddies and since we don't get to see each other too much, the sleep over was a perfect option. As we were getting the kids into bed, my mom and sister needed to go to the grocery store but I had to stay behind because Sarah was having a hard time going to sleep. (Big shocker there). Shortly after they left, she finally fell asleep and I went upstairs to get a drink and found my dad was wandering around the kitchen talking to himself. I laughed at him and then asked him what he was doing and he informed me that he was practicing hisfireside for Sunday. He is the bishop in his wasrd and evey fifth Sunday they have a fireside for the youth at
his house. (I know it's not the fifth Sunday, but he's leaving out of town on that one and so they bumped it up a week). I asked about the fireside and he gave me the brief rundown of his message and his stories that he is sharing with the youth. His message is about staying on higher ground and avoiding the temptations of normal life. It was so sweet for me to get to hear his little message, but to also see a bit more of him in bishop mode than I usually do. I know some of the responsibilities of being bishop tend to stress him out and wear him down more than others, but this is where he is in his element. He is such a people person, and he has one of those voices that you love to listen to. And I was just so impressed with the message he put together and the knowledge and wisdom he shared with me and that he will be able to share with his youth. I know that he's fun, and I know that he's on top of life, bu sometimes I forget that he knows so much and is so amazing and he really impressed me last night! After he shared his message, we just talked for a while--about life and church and responsibilities. It was one of those tender moments that I was so grateful to share with my dad. To say he has made a transformation since I was a little girl is a bit of an understatement. He has always been fun, and we have never doubted that he loved us, but the older he gets, the more of a softie he turns into. His testimony has grown so much even since I have been married and I am in awe of the man he is and constantly grateful that I get to have his influence in my life! He is kind and generous and I know there is not a thing in the world that he wouldn't do for me and my family. I'm so grateful to have the priveledge of being his daughter. I love you dad!
his house. (I know it's not the fifth Sunday, but he's leaving out of town on that one and so they bumped it up a week). I asked about the fireside and he gave me the brief rundown of his message and his stories that he is sharing with the youth. His message is about staying on higher ground and avoiding the temptations of normal life. It was so sweet for me to get to hear his little message, but to also see a bit more of him in bishop mode than I usually do. I know some of the responsibilities of being bishop tend to stress him out and wear him down more than others, but this is where he is in his element. He is such a people person, and he has one of those voices that you love to listen to. And I was just so impressed with the message he put together and the knowledge and wisdom he shared with me and that he will be able to share with his youth. I know that he's fun, and I know that he's on top of life, bu sometimes I forget that he knows so much and is so amazing and he really impressed me last night! After he shared his message, we just talked for a while--about life and church and responsibilities. It was one of those tender moments that I was so grateful to share with my dad. To say he has made a transformation since I was a little girl is a bit of an understatement. He has always been fun, and we have never doubted that he loved us, but the older he gets, the more of a softie he turns into. His testimony has grown so much even since I have been married and I am in awe of the man he is and constantly grateful that I get to have his influence in my life! He is kind and generous and I know there is not a thing in the world that he wouldn't do for me and my family. I'm so grateful to have the priveledge of being his daughter. I love you dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OHHHHHHHH! He is a cutie
I agree... what a cutie he is!!
Isn't it fun to get to know your parents as 'people'. As I get older I love to just talk with them and (more than when I was younger) appreciate their advice and opinions.
AWWWW, such a sweet post! Your Dad sounds like a GREAT man!
Post a Comment