Friday, July 27, 2007

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

We recently returned from a trip to California and when I uploaded my pictures, I couldn't help but laugh. As we browsed through them, I saw two new pictures that were nearly identical to ones that were taken on the same trip from previous years. (OK I knew they would be identical when I took them, but it still made me laugh to see them). Looking at these pictures made me realize that that it really is true, the more things change the more they stay the same!



Madeline is the baby in the picture on top and when we went to the beach in 2002 she made us all laugh every time she struck this pose. My dad had to work hard to actually get this shot and it has been a family favorite for years. As we were getting ready to head to Newport beach again this summer, my dad jokingly said that we should try to pose Sarah and get the same picture from her. But lucky for us, we didn't have to pose her, she did this all on her own! It is so fun to see my two girls side by side sharing the exact same moment!



And now here are my boys! Andrew is on the top enjoying his first experience on Star Tours at Disneyland. And Ben is just below him doing the exact same thing! Both boys were so excited and had the same excitement in their eyes! I guess moments like this remind me to never take life too seriously!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...

OK....that is just way too cute. Ben looks so big that I almost thought he was Andrew! I love your blog and am thinking you might inspire me to do the same!

jayne said...

Are you kidding me that that is Ben?! He looks just like Andrew did the last time I saw him! It really has been a long time..........