Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Getting started

Well, here goes nothing. I am now officially entering the world of blogging. I have actually been looking for a way to keep track of life's little moments. I have recently realized that so many of those moments have slipped away forever. I was holding my baby, Sarah, the other day and it just hit me that I am forgetting so much about my other kids as babies and so many other little moments in my life. I have never done a great job at keeping a journal and figured that this was maybe the way for me to go! My goal is to be able to use this blog as a way to help me never forget the little things that make me laugh, make me cry, drive me crazy, and so many other things that mean the world to me at the time. Also, I want to be able to have a way to keep my family and friends updated on all the crazy and fun things that happen in my life.
I do feel that I need to thank my long-lost friend Jayne, whose blog I was lucky enough to stumble across this past week. After looking at her blog and talking to her, I believe that this really is something I can do! (And on that note I will say, don't look too closely at her blog, because you might just think I copied it.) Also a thanks to the only other blogger I really know--Bob Church--my next door neighbor who has been in Afghanistan with his National Guard unit for more than a year now. His blog has kept me interested and has also inspired me to know that a blog helps people feel close even when they are far away!
So with that, I now have become a blogger--happy reading!

1 comment:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

yay Becca! I'm so glad to see you have a blog! I'm doing mine for the same reasons. I initially started it to keep in touch with my family, and have only recently realized what a great journaling tool it is--so I'm trying to get better at that. It is SUCH a great way to keep in touch. I loved getting your Christmas card! You are so cute & creative! We are so excited to see what your family is up to--it really makes it feel like we're not so far away! =)