Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's a curse that plagues mom's across the universe--I'm not sure which one yet, but maybe some of you can help.
I have noticed with every single one of my kids that there is one store that seems to trigger their need to use the bathroom. And I'm not talking an "Oh gee, it would be nice if we could find a bathroom sometime kind of soon" need. I'm talking a jumping up and down "I really really need to go to the bathroom NOW!" kind of need.
With Ben it was Target. Every time we went there, he had a sudden and urgent need to use the bathroom. Every. Single. Time. With Sarah; it's Costco. Every. Single. Time. And knowing this I almost always make her use the bathroom before we leave, yet somehow, by the time we hit the produce section there is an urgency to use the restroom that we don't see anywhere else. Every. Single. Time.

8 comments:
my kids nearly crap their pants everytime we go to a park. that doesn't have a dang bathroom. now we don't walk to the neighborhood park, we drive.
I would've been grateful if my kids would've told me they needed to go inside the store.
But instead, they like to wait until we've checked out, loaded the stuff in the car, got buckled in, and started driving away, before they start screaming that they need to go RIGHT NOW!
Ugh.
Oh that's funny!
For my kids it's burger king. For all of them. I spend most of my time not in the playplace, but in the restroom. And they rarely have a changing station so I often end up outside changing a diaper in the car.
That's funny. I don't think it's just you though...we had that problem a LOT when we were potty training Gabe. It was always at the park...and it was late enough in the season that they had closed the bathrooms until the spring. So needless to say, he walked home numerous times with poopy pants. :(
Okay, this may sound odd, but my doctor told me that for some people certain smells will trigger the bowels. I learned this because there was a store I would go to that would trigger a painful need to use the bathroom, and it turned out to be a smell from the bakery. Strange, huh?
Oh wow--that comment before me is interesting--I'd never heard that before! My girls do that at Wal-mart sometimes...and I DO NOT like them using public restrooms--blech!
Post a Comment