This little blog that I have has been the best I have ever done in my life at keeping a journal. I have loved looking back on entries and being reminded of things I would have otherwise forgotten about, and I am sad that I haven't been keeping up with it for the last little while. I'm missing recording all the crazy and fun times we have as a family, I'm missing out on the reminders of what fantastic friends I have, and I'm missing out on all the joy that this blog once brought me. I don't really even know why I stopped. I'm still out there and still reading your blogs, but I am letting mine fall by the wayside and I'm sad about that. I can't tell you how many times I have thought "Oh, when I blog this....." or "That would be so funny on my blog," or even, "This was an amazing moment that I need to record on the blog." Yet thinking hasn't seemed to turn in to doing for the past six months and tonight I read someone's blog that inspired me to get up and make the change. I think my problem is that I hate falling behind. I can't stand the thought of just starting in the here and now knowing that I have missed almost six months of our lives in the process, but if I don't start here and now, I know that I'm never going to do it, so I'm giving it a go, and trying to let go of my anal OCD and not let any more moments slip away.
Just for my sake I want to make sure to write something about each of the following things that have made a big impact on me over the last few months:
* My trip to California with Roger
* My kids--every single one of them is a year older than the last time I put anything about them on it and they all deserve some sort of shout out
*My "friend" Abby
*Sharing time where we read 3 Nephi 17
*My friends--especially Stephanie
*And anything that I am reminded of looking back through my pictures of the last few months
It really does seem like I have been in survival mode for such a long time and in putting myself in that place I know that I am loosing out on so many other things that I love and enjoy. SO here's to getting back to me and back to the things I enjoy doing. I hope that I stick around this time.
4 comments:
I completely understand the difficulty of getting back into the swing of blogging! Good luck.
I am so glad you have decided to return!! I love the way you write, everything is so fun and witty.
Um, you have the busiest, most crazy full life of anyone I know. And you keep your sanity (or at least you look like you do)!!
I've missed you! I'm glad you're back. And yes, it is a pain to fall behind. BUT - it's YOUR blog and you can do anything you want to with it!
xoxoxox
Post a Comment